The Nanaimo Port Authority operates a number of facilities within Port Limits; each facility is fully ISPS / MTSR compliant.
Safety and Security are key priorities for the Nanaimo Port Authority reflected with the Harbour Master’s credentials and Patrol Division staff who utilize ICS standards for practices and procedures on land and water.
The Harbour Master and staff work with numerous agencies to ensure the highest level of safety and security is applied to port operations. These agencies include but are not limited to:
- Transport Canada - Marine, Safety and Security Departments
- RCMP - National
- RCMP Marine Division – West Coast Marine
- RCMP Community Policing
- Pacific Pilotage Authority
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Canadian Border Services Agency
- Nanaimo City ByLaws
- Nanaimo Fire Rescue
- BC Ferries Security
- Harbour Watch – RCMP Auxillary – A Volunteer Neighborhood Watch on the Harbour
- Harbour Watch – Your Eyes on the Water
- CFB Meter for Operations at the Whiskey Gulf Test Range
- Queens Harbour Master
- Corp of Commissionaires
- Canadian Food & Inspection Agency
- Federal Acts - Regulations –Rules – Codes - Publications - Nanaimo Port Authority – August 22-2014
- NEWS RELEASE - City of Nanaimo - Nanaimo Port Authority - Fire Boat Aug 26-2016
Patrol Division staff meet regularly with a Harbour Security Committee to share information and to develop strategies to ensure on-going safety and security for the Nanaimo Harbour and for the area under Port Authority jurisdiction.